Forthcoming special issues of Urban Crime -An International Journal Invitations for submissions
Special issue “Covid-19 and Urban Safety: Exploring the effects of the pandemic on fear of crime, (in)security, penal and safety policies in urban context”
Issue editors: Christina Zarafonitou & Nikos Passas
We are happy to invite you to submit a paper for the "Urban Crime- An international Journal" for a special issue titled "Covid-19 and Urban Safety: Exploring the effects of the pandemic on fear of crime, (in)security, penal and safety policies in urban context".
Indicative topics of interest for this issue include:
- Dimensions to fear of crime/insecurity during the pandemic
- Risks of victimization during the pandemic
- Commerce in Illicit and falsified medicinal product
- Fraud, corruption and financial crime in emergency conditions
- The impact of the pandemic in Urban life and crime
- Misinformation and disinformation
- Policing and Surveillance during the CoViD-19 pandemic
- Inner-city distribution of (un)safety
- Priorities of penal policies during the pandemic
- New forms of policing adapted to the pandemic conditions
- Objective punitivity during the pandemic period
- Prevention policies
- Public attitudes
- Important Submission Guidelines:
- Submission: End of September 2021
- Deadline for abstract submission: May, 30, 2021.
- The special issue will be published by the end of 2021.
- Code of ethics & Processes: https://ojs.panteion.gr/index.php/uc/about
Authors’ guidelines: https://ojs.panteion.gr/?journal=uc&page=about&op=submissions
Special issue “Human trafficking and Urban Safety: Exploring pathways to prevention, protection, partnerships, and beyond.”
Issue editors: John Winterdyk & Christina Zarafonitou
We are happy to invite you to submit a paper for the “Urban Crime- An international Journal” for a special issue titled “Human trafficking and Urban Safety: Exploring pathways to prevention, protection, partnerships, and beyond”.
Although not an exhaustive list, some of the prospective topics and themes for this issue could include any of the following:
- providing services for survivors of human trafficking in urban environment
- the prevalence of human trafficking in urban areas - what might the risk and or protective factors be?
- a comparison or human trafficking in urban settings between local and or international settings
- review of urban-based anti-human trafficking programs
- studies that might examine how ‘best’ to combat human trafficking in an urban environment
- spatial patterns of human trafficking in urban settings
- identifying the ‘risky’ places for recruiting prospective victims of human trafficking
- prevention and or protection-oriented programs used in urban environments – what works or does not work?
- how to build effective partnerships to combat human trafficking in urban environments
- public attitudes towards human trafficking within urban communities
- effectiveness of screening tools/kits for at-risk populations (e.g., homeless, runaways, etc.)
- alternative forms of justice for survivors of human trafficking
- the penal treatment of offenders and victims of human trafficking
- the role of crime policy at a national and supranational level
Submission guidelines: please refer to https://ojs.panteion.gr/?journal=uc&page=about&op=submissions Submit and or direct queries article to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission December 30, 2021.
Deadline for Abstarct submission May 30, 2021.
Publication date Spring/Summer 2022.